Translate

Monday, January 30, 2012

Obstacles

We all have obstacles in our life everyday that we find a way to maneuver around. I ran into some (minor ones) on my way to pick up my daughter from school the other day and it got me thinking about my new years resolution (which I totally forgot to post here by the way!) 






Do you ever feel like once you get past one a whole new set crop up?





My resolution this year was to not let fear or anyone else's opinion get in the way of doing what I want to do. I want to be a photographer. Right now it's still a hobby but I'd like to make it more someday. Am I afraid? Definitely. I'm worried I won't be good enough. I'm worried people won't like my work (which is actually part of last year's resolution too, don't worry about what anyone else thinks of you.) There are many obstacles in my way. We're not allowed to accept money for pictures while we live here in Germany, it goes against the SOFA agreement. I also don't have many options for taking photography classes while we are stationed here. Of course money for equipment will most likely continue to be an obstacle even after we leave but I will keep practicing and keep learning all I can online.


 I'm just hoping I can stick to my resolution so I won't end up being the obstacle and if I keep climbing, eventually the sky will be the limit :)


Of course the next day when I went walking the same direction I found that the army had decided complicate things even further....


Thanks! Just what I needed ...
but then that's how life is right?  Just when you think you've figured out your path life throws one more hurdle at you. I'm looking forward to seeing what the future has in store. 



No comments:

Post a Comment