Translate

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Never Fail Banana Bread

For some reason I always feel more like baking when my kitchen is clean! Today we decided to make banana bread and use up those brown bananas sitting on the counter. This recipe comes from my mother in law.






Cook time: 30-35 min
Preheat over to: 350 degrees F


You will need: 
3 Bananas (mashed)
1 C Sugar
2 1/2 C Flour
2 Eggs
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1 Tbsp Water
1/2 C Butter 


Melt together sugar, eggs, water and butter. Add remaining ingredients. Grease 2 loaf pans and bake 30-35 minutes. Bread will be golden brown on top when done. Check with a toothpick. If toothpick comes out clean it is done. 


The recipe says it makes two loaves, but they were pretty flat. I think next time I'll try putting it all in one pan and cooking it longer?


(We were out of toothpicks so I had to check with a butter knife and it looks like it got stabbed to death)

 





No comments:

Post a Comment