Translate

Friday, March 11, 2011

Stephen King dreams

© Allyson Kitts | Dreamstime.com


I have always had really crazy vivid dreams (probably from all the caffeine in my Diet Coke) and I've always said that I wish I could record them and play them back later because they would make kick ass movies! I should be writing them down because if I don't tell the dream to someone I will forget it sometimes within a few minutes, sometimes as long as the next day. A few weeks ago I had a dream that my husband was a serial killer and I was struggling with the decision if I should turn him in or not. I won't gross you out with all the yucky bits of the dream but that's the five second recap. Last night I was reading the new Stephen King book (Full Dark, No Stars) that I got for Christmas. He is my all time favorite author. I've read everything he's written and he only comes out with new books about once a year so I've been trying to make this one last as long as possible. Since it's a collection of short stories I can take a break in between them and not be lost when I come back to it. The story I started last night is called "A Good Marriage." I swear, Stephen must have some kind of tap on my brain. There are some parts of the story that don't match up (like being married 27 years and the husband being an accountant) but there were some details that gave me the shivers. I know what you're thinking. That I must have read this story before and then dreamt of it but I swear to you I have not. This book just came out in the fall and I got it as a Christmas gift. I have no idea how the story is going to end. I know I haven't read it and I still keep feeling like I must have read it even though I KNOW I haven't! 


Anyway, the entire situation has given me an excellent idea for a book. I'm not much of a writer or I would attempt to write it myself. Perhaps I should just send it to Mr. King. I think he would get a kick out of it. 


By the way, for the rest of you Stephen King fans, his next book is scheduled to be released November 8th, 2011.  Approximately 1,000 pages (yay!) about a man who travels back in time to prevent the JFK assassination. It sounds like heaven to me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment