Translate

Thursday, March 10, 2011

One Year

"The past is but the beginning of a beginning."
--H. G. Wells

"There is no end. There is no beginning. There is only the infinite passion of life."
--Federico Fellini


Today we have been in Germany for exactly one year. It has flown by and for the sake of my friends with deployed loved ones I hope the next year goes as quickly for them. Sometimes I wish I could slow time down. There are so many places I would still like to visit and it seems like time is running out. My daughter is growing so fast. I know I need to treasure these moments because all too soon they will just be a memory of a wonderful time in our life. I would like to dedicate this blog to the things that have changed in my life over the past year.




* Ok, well for the first one I'd like to state I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I should have! I'm looking back through my folders organized by month and I've got nada as far as milestones to share via pictures!
*I guess the most obvious change would be that we moved, overseas, and it was the first time in Europe for all of us.
*I've visited beautiful places I never dreamed I'd see
*I've made wonderful friends that I hope I'll be able to keep in touch with long after we've all left this place.
*I started knitting
*We celebrated our daughters 3rd birthday (and yes I know we each have a birthday every year but our children  are only little for such a short time!)
*We have a different vehicle
*My husband has actually been home all year! (other than a week here and there) Thats a huge change!
*I haven't seen my Texas friends for a year. That's a sad change :(
*We went sledding and built a snowman this winter (and had to buy a snowsuit!)
*My brother and his wife are having their first baby!
*I did NOT cook Thanksgiving dinner this year :)
*Our daughters first movie in a movie theater. It went remarkably well.
*Lastly, I started this blog! I can't wait to see what will change during our next year. I can already think of a couple things we are planning for the future.

What are some things that have changed for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment