Translate

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Good Morning

I am sooo not a morning person! I stayed up too late last night and then got up at 7am to take a friend's cats to the vet for her. Good thing I wasn't my usual late self (my hubby's tardiness has been slowly rubbing off on me the last eight years) because the gate I usually use was closed for construction and I had to detour all around post and through town to get to the vet. Topher cried when I took his kitties from him and my daughter cried when we left them at the vet. She wanted to "see" them some more. I tried to console her with the fact that we'll be "seeing" them the next 3 weekends when we are cat sitting but I guess anything other than what is happening right this minute was too far in the future for her.


Everybody buckled up!


Since we are never up and out so early in the morning I thought as a treat to cheer her up we'd have breakfast at McDonald's. I ordered her this really tasty thing with egg and bacon off the 1 Euro menu but of course she wouldn't eat it. I enjoyed my free coffee while she ate the egg out of my sausage & egg Mcmuffin. She told me she had to pee but she didn't like the toilet at McDonald's. She refused to sit on it. She held it all the way home, detour and all! I was so proud. She's been wearing her underwear all day and to bed at night for the last week. She hasn't had any accidents at night. I am still shocked. I have a brand new package of pull ups that have been sitting on the shelf untouched for over a week. I think I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!! :)















Now we're cuddled up on the couch and I think I might even get to take a nap!  Maybe getting up early isn't that bad after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment