Translate

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Trier Christmas Market

Trier is the oldest city in Germany. That's about all I know about Trier, but you don't need to know a lot about it to appreciate the beauty all around.  If you would like to learn more about Trier check out the city's website (I'm still reading through the history).


Porta Nigra

Porta Nigra from the other side

The walkplatz

I found it funny that Mt. Rushmore is what this restaurant used to represent their "American Pizza", hehe, South Dakota joke I guess...


The beautiful restaurant we ate at (underground) Historischer Keller



(yeah that's me...I don't like this picture but I figure since it's my blog I should be in one every now and then)
My daughter on one of the carousels 

Lebkuchen and Getränke


The Christmas Pyramid


You will see the inside of that church further down...






Inside the Cathedral

I saw several signs asking for silence inside the chapel but thank goodness I didn't see any forbidding pictures ;)




Those are someone's prayers...

I have one I'd like to add...Dear God, please heal my Grandma....



No comments:

Post a Comment