Translate

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Water Marble Nails

I have a military ball coming up in less than 2 weeks. I have my dress (well the alterations place has it LOL), I have my jewelry (I just need a new chain for my eternity pendant), my shoes (comfy ones this time!), and I have an appointment the day of to get my hair and make-up done. The only thing missing was nails. The local salon is booked until after the ball so that's not an option. I've never been one for fake nails anyway so I thought I'd buy some new polish today and experiment. I had seen a tutorial on Pinterest for marbled nails and thought I'd try it. The first tutorial I watched made it look super easy. I'm guessing that person has had a TON of practice. I removed some of my worst paint jobs and tried them again. The second attempts were much better. If you did it enough it would probably turn out really neat. I don't have enough patience to keep trying so this probably will not happen for the ball but maybe another time. 

I couldn't find the original video I watched but I found another that works just as well. (Click here to see the tutorial) I like her colors and designs. The colors I used are subdued since my dress is a dark grayish brown color. Hand model I am not so please, ignore my old wrinkly fingers!! 

This is probably my favorite one

\



I guess I'll keep practicing!


No comments:

Post a Comment