Translate

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Don't miss out on Austria



A week ago we got back from a retreat in Edelweiss and on the way there and back we drove through Austria. It was gorgeous! I'd never seen real mountains before. These are the Alps. (You know, the ones they crossed from Austria to Switzerland in the Sound of Music?) The roads twisted around the mountains and a crystal clear aqua blue stream of melted snow followed next to the road. If you go that route (you can get there without going through Austria) make sure you stop near the border and buy a vignette for 8 Euro (for 10 days) so you can drive on the autobahn. You don't want to get caught without one! 












2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures!! I love the first one of Adam and Hailey, too cute. Austria is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I have discussed taking a train trip across this area of Europe, but I wasn't sure it was top of my list of places I want to see. Now Austria is definitely number one! My husband wants to try German beers, but I just want to sit and look at the scenery - especially the lovely Alps. Thank you so much for sharing your photos and observations. Just because I don't comment each time doesnt' mean that I'm not waiting with bated breath for the next set of photos!

    ReplyDelete