Translate

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Our Genealogy Tour - First stop Oberjettingen, Germany

I've been trying to figure out the best way to share our genealogy hunting trips with you. I don't want this to be a tutorial on how to find your relatives, but to share the joy we had in finding ours. Visiting the places where my ancestors lived and died is very exciting to me and I may never have a chance like this again.



Father's day weekend we made our first trip to Oberjettingen, Germany (which is now just called Jettingen - Oberjettingen and Unterjettingen were combined to make one single town) to see where my Great Grandfather (x Thirteen) and his family lived and was buried.




The grave was no longer there (graves in Europe are re-used once the bodies have decomposed) but we got to see the cemetery and the surrounding town/area. 




These next five photos were taken at the Unterjettingen Cemetery







Just think, over five hundred years ago my Father's family lived and farmed these fields!







No comments:

Post a Comment