Translate

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Berlin, Germany



Last month my father-in-law came for a visit and we took a few trips. The first place we went was Berlin. None of us had been there before so it was something new for us. The hotel we stayed at was nice but apparently not in the best neighborhood. There were some, ah hem, "ladies" working on the corner outside. I use the term ladies loosely since up close they looked a little more like men ;)








We decided since we were only in town for two days to go ahead and spend the money on the hop on/hop off bus passes. I think it was well worth it. We stopped at Checkpoint Charlie and walked around the area a little bit. Outside the museum is a border crossing post where some fellows set up a shop where you can pose for pictures and get your passport stamped. The stamps were pretty neat but after reading some information afterwards, I'm wishing I hadn't gotten them in my actual passport. Hopefully this doesn't cause any problems next time they get checked! Hailey got hers on her hand. Smart girl!



We also went to the East Side Gallery where there is still a portion of the Berlin wall that has been painted by various artists.










'










We also made a stop at the Brandenburg Gate and witnessed some street performers  got some Dunkin Donuts and rushed around looking for a bathroom for my (at that time) four year old. Finally a nice bellhop outside a fancy hotel let us come in and use their bathroom. Now that I'm looking at the pictures, there was a port a potty right outside the gate!!!! We walked all the way around that entire block looking for a bathroom, sigh!!




There's a lot to see in Berlin but I still prefer Paris. I'm glad we finally got to see it though.




This is a chuch, you can't tell in the picture, but there were crosses inside all those tiny windows!






The U.S. Embassy







No comments:

Post a Comment