Translate

Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy (belated) Mother's Day!

I had such a wonderful day yesterday I thought I would wait until today to write. To all you mothers out there, I hope you had a great day as well.  This was officially my fourth Mother's Day since giving birth to my daughter and the amazing thing is that my husband has only missed one of those. (He was deployed to Iraq for the second.) The Army does a great job of making sure you don't spend too many holidays together. I got 3 out of 4 Mother's Days together but only 1 of my last 3 birthdays. Weird huh? Anyway, Mother's Day is one holiday my husband does up right. He realizes when your kids are young it's up to daddy to help make the day special. Last year he helped my daughter make cupcakes.




 It was adorable! This year I took my daughter to friends birthday party and when I came home he had done the dishes (which I can't stand doing!), the laundry, and vacuumed. It was wonderful. Then we went shopping and out for supper. When we got home he had an already wrapped  present hidden from me. My daughter brought it to me and says, "Happy birthday Mommy!" 
Inside I found a Nextbook (an android tablet/e-reader) and a DS game. I was so excited! I've been wanting an e-reader for some time but I never buy stuff like that for myself. This was the most unselfish gift my husband could give me because he hates to read but he knows how much I love it. This thing is great! It came preloaded with 27 classics and it has wi-fi so I can surf the internet, get on Facebook, check my email, listen to music, watch videos, and blog ;)  It does take me a while to type on it though so I probably won't be doing a lot of blogging from it. The DS game was immediately taken over by my daughter so I haven't even got to play that yet. 
Thank you both for making today the best Mother's Day ever! 


I guess I better start planning for Father's Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment