Translate

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

League of Her Own


"Baseball, to me, is still the national pastime because it is a summer game.  I feel that almost all Americans are summer people, that summer is what they think of when they think of their childhood.  I think it stirs up an incredible emotion within people."  ~Steve Busby, in Washington Post, 8 July 1974


 We had our second practice today. My daughter is super excited to get to practice, but once we get there she gets bored pretty fast. I never played t-ball or baseball or even softball when I was growing up so it doesn't remind me of my childhood, but there is something special about watching your child TRY at their very first sport (even if she's not very good at it and would rather play with the dirt.) At three and a half it's oh so cute. I want to at least give her the chance to see if she likes it and give her time to get good at it (if that's what she wants). They are really just learning fundamentals at this age. They don't start real games until they are five. However the coach did dangle the hint of a possible game at the end of the session. I've seen these children at practice. That would be hilarious to watch!




No comments:

Post a Comment