Translate

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Köln, Germany

On the drive home from the Netherlands we decided to stop in Köln, Germany and spend the night.  This was definitely a GREAT last minute decision. The hotel we stayed in was fantastic and within walking distance of the Hohenzollern Bridge (the love lock bridge) and Dom Cathedral. I was lucky my husband had an extra lock along that we scratched out name into and left on the bridge. I have been wanting to do that for such a long time :) The city is so old and beautiful it reminded me a LOT of Paris.






















Next to the cathedral is the Ludwig Museum and down the river a short ways was the "Schokoladenmuseum" (chocolate museum). Right outside the chocolate museum was an Easter Market!! My husband bought me a vintage suitcase to add to my collection and put a perfect ending on our vacation before heading home. 






3 comments:

  1. Okay, I had to do an Internet search on love lock bridges; I had never heard of them. What an interesting concept. My attention was captured even more by the thought of a chocolate museum! Of course, I would probably be arrested for eating the exhibits...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, but Debbi, they were passing out FREE samples LOL! So yummy...

    ReplyDelete